Are you a Parent/Guardian of one or more children seeking family support or wishing for a smile? Please read through the content of this policy. Should you agree to give your consent for us to use your data in the way outlined throughout this policy or have any questions/concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Should you decide not to consent, please be aware this will affect our ability to proceed with granting your child’s wish or rendering any other family support services that you may be needed. We are happy to discuss this further if you wish.
Please contact us as by sending an emailing to email@example.com.
Grant-A- Smile ®
At Grant-A- Smile, we are fully committed to protecting your privacy. This document explains the reason why we collect and how we process your personal information and with whom we may share it.
Please read this Policy very carefully. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not submit any personal information to us (whether online or within any application forms).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Grant-A-Smile.
Please note that wish applications or family support cannot be made or processed without the involvement and consent of the parents or guardians – same goes for any child making a special wish.
For a parent or legal guardian of a child: If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child who have applied for a wish, this Policy applies both to your own personal information and that of your child/children. We therefore, request you to consent, on your own behalf and on behalf of your child, to our processing of your information as set out in this Policy. If your wish child is at least 12 years old and able to understand the meaning and impact of this Policy, then we will also endeavour to obtain his or her own consent where possible.
What information do we collect and process when you apply for a wish?
We may collect the following personal information:
* name, postal address, telephone number, email address of parents/guardian and/or the child,
* the child’s gender, date of birth, language(s) spoken,
* photographs and/or moving film images of parents/guardian and/or the child,
*other personal information relating to the child and his or her family, including details of family living arrangements, siblings and pets,
* information relating to the wish made by him or herself, and other information needed by us to help us in organising and delivering their special wish or for answering any enquiries and requests and
* where you have agreed to provide a donation to us or otherwise support us, your bank or credit card details.
We may also collect and process the following sensitive personal information where necessary.
What information do we collect and process when we offer to support your family daily needs?
* name, postal address, telephone number, email address,
* the parent/guardian gender, date of birth, language(s) spoken,
* photographs and/or moving film images of parents/guardian
* details of the parents physical and/or mental health conditions, where needed to assess parents eligibility, needs and requirements (including but not limited to health records and information, details of current medication, diagnosis and treatment, equipment requirements, and mobility and/or disability requirements),
* the doctor and hospital details, and (where applicable) other related health professionals, such as community nurses and social workers,
* information related to ethnic background (which we collect solely for statistical purposes), and
* information related to religious or similar beliefs.
We may also collect health records and information relating to the affected parent directly from their doctor or other related health professionals. We will combine, store and use this information together with information that you have given to us directly.
In addition to collecting information from referral forms and application forms, we may also collect personal information during visits or other meetings with you and/or your child, or via telephone conversations or emails with or from you and/or your child.
What do we use this information for?
We collect, store, use and process personal information primarily to assist us in responding to, supporting, processing and fulfilling you or your child’s wish application and for providing related services to you and the child. This includes:
* processing and responding to applications, queries or requests,
* fulfilling wishes on behalf of your child and liaising with medical professionals and/or carers in respect of such activities, and more generally, we may also use your personal information for the following
* compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice,
* gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in
connection with legal proceedings or requests,
* ensuring business policies are adhered to (such as policies covering security and internet use),
* internal operational reasons, such as troubleshooting, testing, training and quality control,
* ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive information,
* security vetting, investigating complaints and allegations of criminal offences,
* statistical analysis and research,
* preventing unauthorised access and modifications to systems,
* to notify you of changes to our services, or
* to inform you of any new products, services or promotions we may offer or make available from time to time.
We regularly review our data retention periods for all personal information that we hold. We shall endeavour to contact you on a regular basis to ensure that the personal information we hold about you and your wish child is accurate and up-to-date.
Please also refer to the “Direct Marketing” section below.
With whom do we share your information?
We may share your personal information and that of your child with the organisations or types of organisations that we may contact for support/donations. The information we share may include your sensitive information, such as health records, medical condition and requirements.
* the trusted operators of secure cloud-based platforms accessed by us from time to time in order to provide centralised data storage, and data management and transaction processing services. Such operators or service providers shall only be permitted access to your information to the extent required by them in order to provide us with contracted system maintenance, support or related services, or to provide (or assist us in performing) any related data back-up, restoration or other error correction or bug fixing activities.
Where we are unable to fulfil a wish we may introduce other charities to you, who might alternatively be able to help you and your wish child. In the course of doing so, we may share your and/or your wish family contact details with them, together with an outline description of your medical condition, and mobility/disability requirements.
Where volunteers are unavailable and local businesses are, we will have to share your information with them in order for their services/support to be rendered to you and your family.
We also reserve the right to disclose some or all of your or your medical or child’s personal information to:
* government bodies or law enforcement agencies, or response to other legal or regulatory requests, but only if and to the extent required by law to do so; and
* our auditors, lawyers or other professional advisers for any auditing, accounting or related business purposes, or in the enforcement, defence or settlement of any legal proceedings brought by or against us, but only if and to the extent such disclosure is strictly necessary for these purposes.
Where do we store and process your data?
The information that we collect relating to you and your child will be stored on our secure servers within the United Kingdom.
We believe that we have taken all technical and organisational steps reasonably necessary to ensure that you and your family, personal information under our control is held securely and in accordance with applicable law and this Policy.
However please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect you and your family’s personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which is transmitted to us via the internet.
Recording and Photography
We may collect and process photographs and/or moving film images in connection with the fulfilment of any wish/family support application.
We may photograph and/or film wishes for the purpose of sharing stories on behalf of families and encouraging charitable activities. If you have concerns about the use of photographs or moving film images of your
wish child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also gather statistical and technical information about our web users, traffic patterns and website performance in order to provide a better experience to website visitors. This may include the IP address of the device you are using to access our website, your operating system and your browser type. This data does not identify you or your wish child.
Use of your information for direct marketing purposes Where you have consented to receive marketing communications from us, and/or to be placed on mailing lists, in connection with future support of our charitable aims or as a potential donor, volunteer or fundraiser, we may also (in accordance with applicable law) use your contact details, including email address and telephone number(s), for requesting and/or processing donations, recording transactions and related direct marketing purposes. We may also obtain and store your bank or credit card details where you are an active donor or fundraiser, and use that information in connection with receiving donations and recording transactions from or
We may also obtain and store your bank or credit card details where you are an active donor or fundraiser, and use that information in connection with receiving donations and recording transactions from or to you.
We do not sell or share any of your or your family’s personal information to any other person or business for the purposes of marketing. Even if you have initially consented to receive marketing communications from us, you have the right at any time to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You may exercise this right by opting out of any marketing communications we may send you.
You or your family are entitled to access any personal information we hold about you respective. You may contact us at any time to request a copy of your information or to have any inaccuracies corrected.
You may contact us in relation to this Policy at email@example.com
I, * parent/guardian of *
Please sign below to confirm your consent.